Wow - how time flies! 30 weeks already :)
So far I would honestly have to say that I have really enjoyed being pregnant. I have had few symptoms to truly complain about - no heartburn, no swelling, no achy muscles, no achy lower back, no contractions, no stretch marks (keeping my fingers crossed!), no weird cravings at odd hours, little to no nausea, few mood swings (although Mike might say differently) - and Mike and I have never been closer.
Our Tuesday night prenatal class has been a blast to go to the past four weeks and I can't believe we only have one more class left. It has been a lot of fun to go with someone who is as enthusiastic and interested as I am. And it is fun to keep the discussion going even after class - but also good that baby isn't the only thing we find ourselves talking about.
We toured the hospital yesterday and both left with really good vibes. I mean who wouldn't get excited about complementary massages, aromatherapy, acupuncture and a variety of other alternative forms of relaxation?!? I realize that what will accompany these things are also hours and hours of pain and stress and perhaps even some (or a lot) frustration and anxiety, but I can't help but to be excited. Labor will be really difficult but it is the culmination of something we have both been waiting for for 9 months and also the beginning of something so awesome. These feelings might change in roughly 10 weeks, but I am glad that I am not dreading and fearing the end already.
After touring the hospital, we enjoyed our traditional weekend Chipotle (YUM) and then explored Grand Ave all the while soaking up the beautiful, sunny, 55 degree spring weather. We bought our stroller at Baby Grand (Mike's idea - GREAT idea) and visited our soon-to-be couch at Pottery Barn. While we have to wait a week for the stroller and another 2 months for our sectional, I am so excited that we are starting to get everything ready :) My dad is busy making the crib; my mom is almost done with the crib bedding; I have already made a stroller blanket and a diaper bag (and have curtains and a growth chart on my list of homemades as well); and Mike brainstorms everyday about the changes and additions we could make to our apartment to make it even more homey and Mike-Grace-baby ready.
Last night was spent watching the final four games with good friends (Craig, Natalie and Scotty). And while I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with them baby-free, it is fun knowing that they are just as pumped for the new addition as we are - and that fun nights like these won't change much even with the baby.
All in all, I think what I am most grateful for so far this pregnancy is that everything seems to be falling into place. When we chose to have a baby back in September, we didn't know where we were going to live come June; we didn't really have a steady, long-term paycheck; we didn't have our own insurance. But we had each other. And we had the same hopes, dreams and fears about our future together. And we had a lot of love and excitement and passion for life. And when it comes down to it, those are the things that we value above all else. But it sure helps to have a job you love, a home you want to make memories in, and a family that will always be there for you - not to mention insurance, a steady income and an affordable rent payment :)
No comments:
Post a Comment